The measure of ingredients will serve 2 people ideally.
- 250 grams or 8 to 9 oz JERSEY Paneer/cottage cheese.
- 250 grams or 8 to 9 oz spinach/palak.
- 3 cups hot boiling water for blanching spinach.
- A pinch of turmeric powder.
- 1 medium onion or ⅓ cup tightly packed finely chopped onion.
- 2 small tej patta.
- ½ tsp cumin seeds.
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
- 2 green chillies chopped.
- ½ tsp black pepper.
- ½ tsp garam masala powder.
- 1 tsp kasuri methi.
- ¼ cup low-fat cream.
- A pinch of sugar.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil as required
- Step 1- Preparing the Spinach Puree
- Rinse the spinach leaves in water. Water should be boiled before the leaves are added to it. Keep the spinach in water for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally. After 3 minutes, take it out and keep in in cold water for a minute. Strain and grind it into a fine puree in a mixer grinder. No need to add extra water.
- Step 2- Fry the Paneer. (This step is optional)
- Heat up some oil in a pan and put paneer cubes in it. Fry till the paneer turns golden brown. Avoid frying paneer for longer, else it will become dense and hard.
- Step 3- Making the gravy.
- Now, add cumin seeds and tej patta to the already heated oil in the pan. Saute till the seeds crackle. Add finely chopped onions to the cumin seeds and tej patta and fry till they turn golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and finely chopped chillies to the mix in the pan. Add the rest of the spice powders in the mix now i.e. turmeric powder, black pepper, kasuri methi. Add the spinach puree to the pan mix. Add salt and a bit of sugar. Stir well and simmer the gravy till it thickens. Simmer for at least 5 to 6 minutes. Ensure that the spinach is cooked well. Add the cream along with the garam masala powder in the spinach puree and mix well.
- Final Step
- When you feel that the gravy is thick and everything has been mixed well, add the fried paneer to the gravy. Cover the pan with a lid and keep the lid closed for at least a minute. This ensures that the paneer is steamed a bit, stays soft and gets mixed with the gravy. Serve delicious Palak Paneer with hot rotis.
|Total Fat||13 gm|
One of the most popular snacks across India, dahi vada is a perfect combination of health and taste.
A lip-smacking, delicious and healthy breakfast for all age groups!
Best for the festive or special occasion, Payasam is quick to make without any hassle. Prepare this dish to make your day special!
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you