The measure of ingredients will serve 2 people ideally.
- 250 gms JERSEY Paneer. Cut the paneer as per your preference.
- 3-4 medium to large sized tomatoes.
- 15-20 cashews. Grind the cashews into a fine paste.
- 2-3 medium to large sized onions.
- 3 cloves of garlic and 1 ginger crushed/grounded into a paste. (You can use readymade ginger-garlic paste can be used, if you like).
- 2 chopped Green Chillies.
- Spices- Garam Masala, Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Kasuri Methi.
- Salt and Sugar to taste.
- Cream ( Optional).
- Coriander Leaves for garnish.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add onions once the oil is heated enough. Add green chillies after a while.
- Saute the onions until they turn in golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste. Add salt accordingly.
- Now add the tomatoes. Ideally, the tomatoes should be pureed, but if you do not have puree, cut the tomatoes into extremely small pieces, so that the onion tomato mix becomes mushy.
- Add the spices to the mixture i.e. garam masala, coriander powder, chilli powder and kasuri methi. Add some more salt.
- Saute and stir this mixture for at least 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cashew paste into the mix. Saute and stir this mixture for another 3-5 minutes till it is roasted well.
- Mix water in the mixture according to the desired consistency of the gravy and simmer the mixture on low flame for another 2 minutes so that it thickens.
- While you are making the mixture, add butter in another pan and fry the paneer cubes. Fry it till they turn golden-brown.
- Add the fried paneer to the gravy and let the mixture simmer for a while, so that the paneer becomes soft.
- Cream can be added to the gravy mixture to make it thicker.
- More butter can also be added to the mixture for taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
|Total Fat||30 gm|
Soft and spongy rasgullas make for a delicious dessert! This easy to make delicacy will surely melt in your mouth.
Rich in both taste and aroma, make this dish to soak in all the goodness of your favourite rice and ghee.
An aromatic #JerseyInstaRecipe by Mr. Lalit Makhija
Mesmerise your tastebuds at every bite with an aromatic and tasty Paneer Makhani Dum Biriyani.
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you