The measure of ingredients will serve 4 people ideally
For Atta or wheat dough:
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Salt to taste, 1tsp oil or ghee.
For Paneer stuffing:
- 200 gms JERSEY Paneer grated.
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped.
- ½ tsp red chilly powder.
- One small sized onion finely chopped (optional).
- ½ tsp garam masala powder.
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Amchur powder( dry mango powder) to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- JERSEY Ghee or oil for cooking paratha.
To knead Atta:
- In a mixing bowl, take whole wheat flour, salt and the oil. Mix them very well and start adding water slowly.
- Sprinkle water slowly and knead the dough for around 5-7 minutes. The dough should be same like we have for chapatti/ roti.
- Cover with a moist cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.
To make stuffing:
- Mix all the ingredients for stuffing together.
- Making Paneer Paratha:
- Make eight equal balls out of the dough.
- Roll the dough balls into thin chapatti ( of about 4-5 inches diameter).
- Spread the stuffing onto one of the rolled dough, leaving the edge.
- Cover this filled dough with another rolled plain dough, press the edges such that they don’t open.
- Now, roll them gently( as they are stuffed) like any other roti, dusting them with some flour to avoid stickiness.
- Heat the tava really hot. Place the rolled paratha onto it.
- Flip to the other side when it is semi-cooked. Apply ghee or oil on this side.
- Flip again and apply ghee to the other side
- While turning this over, you can see golden spots on paratha showing that it is cooked really well.
- Take them off the fire. Although, your paratha is fully soaked in ghee, still, to have mouth-watering taste, place a bulb of butter in the centre and let it melt.
- Serve them really hot with plain curd, pickle or raita. You will also love them with green chutney.
Rich in both taste and aroma, make this dish to soak in all the goodness of your favourite rice and ghee.
By Celebrity Chef, Amrita Raichand
A wholesome meal in itself, serve this healthy milkshake to kids during snack time.
By Sunita Vaznaik, #HomeBakerMatters Recipe Challenge
Turn leftover bread into an easy dessert with just a few simple ingredients without much effort.
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you