Recipe Gajar Halwa
The measure of ingredients will serve 4-5 people:
- 1 kg carrot.
- 4-5 tbsp JERSEY Ghee.
- 1.5 ltr JERSEY milk.
- 250 gms sugar (according to taste).
- ½ tsp freshly powdered cardamom (elaichi).
- Finely chopped almonds, cashews and raisins for garnish
- Clean, peel and grate the carrot.
- Simmer the carrot in the milk until a soft mixture is formed and milk evaporates. This process can take 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan, add the carrot mixture and keep stirring it on medium to low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and cook it for another 10-15 minutes till the time the halwa turns reddish and also the ghee leaves the pan.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, mix it well. You can also add 1-2 tbsp ghee (optional).
- Turn off the flame. Garnish with all the chopped dry fruits, serve hot and enjoy this simple yet delicious and nutritional halwa.
Kadai paneer is a traditional Indian masala dish, full of aroma and irresistible in taste. It is also a rich source of protein & calcium.
A delicious #JerseyInstaRecipe by Ms. Esha Kakkar
Find the recipe to the yummy 'Stuffed Grilled Harrisa Paneer with Creamy Spinach Sauce' here.
By Pooja Misra, #HomeBakerMatters Recipe Challenge
Sure to stratify sweet cravings, the cake rolls are the easiest and fanciest dessert to make. Try it at home today!
Are You A Secret Chef?
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you