The measure of ingredients will serve 6 persons.Dry Ingredients:
- 120 gm refined flour
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp baking soda
- 200 ml condensed milk (1/2 tin)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essenc
- 1 tbsp oil or glycerin
- 50 ml milk
- 50 gm butter (normal salted)
- 1 cup Pineapple (sliced)
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups of double whipped cream
For making the sponge cake:
- Preheat the oven or microwave convection at 200 degrees.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Grease the baking tin well with butter.
- Sprinkle flour onto it and tap.
- In a big bowl soften the butter with an electric beater.
- Add the powdered sugar and blend it well.
- Add condensed milk and beat continuously for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add milk and beat at speed 1.
- Add glycerin or oil and vanilla essence.
- Beat for more 5 mins.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 mins.
For making the pineapple juice:
- Slice the pineapple pieces finely.
- Boil them with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water for 15 to 10 minutes or in a pressure cooker till the acidic element of the fruit goes away, otherwise it can spoil the cake.
- Strain the juice. Keep the juice separate.
- Combine the pulp beaten whipped cream and keep aside for the filling.
Assembling the baked cake:
- Slice the cake into two halves.
- Soak the two halves separately with the pineapple juice.
- Keep the lower slice on the tray and place the fruit mixed with the whipped cream and place the top slice on it.
- Sprinkle more juice on top.
- Cover the whole cake with the whipped cream with the help of a spatula.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take out and apply the second coating of whipped cream.
- With a piping bag make flower decoration and arrange cherries on top.
- Chill for another hour and serve.
Best for the festive or special occasion, Payasam is quick to make without any hassle. Prepare this dish to make your day special!
Matar Paneer is a healthy dish, high in protein and calcium. It is easy on the digestive system as well.
By Celebrity Chef, Amrita Raichand
Serve this super healthy milkshake/snack to kids to satisfy their cravings as well as taste buds.
Are You A Secret Chef?
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you