The measure of ingredients will serve 6 persons.
- 120 gm refined flour
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp baking soda
- 200 ml condensed milk (1/2 tin)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essenc
- 1 tbsp oil or glycerin
- 50 ml milk
- 50 gm butter (normal salted)
- 1 cup Pineapple (sliced)
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups of double whipped cream
For making the sponge cake:
- .Preheat the oven or microwave convection at 200 degrees.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Grease the baking tin well with butter.
- Sprinkle flour onto it and tap.
- In a big bowl soften the butter with an electric beater.
- Add the powdered sugar and blend it well.
- Add condensed milk and beat continuously for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add milk and beat at speed 1.
- Add glycerin or oil and vanilla essence.
- Beat for more 5 mins.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 mins.
- Slice the pineapple pieces finely.
- Boil them with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water for 15 to 10 minutes or in a pressure cooker till the acidic element of the fruit goes away, otherwise it can spoil the cake.
- Strain the juice. Keep the juice separate.
- Combine the pulp beaten whipped cream and keep aside for the filling.
- Slice the cake into two halves.
- Soak the two halves separately with the pineapple juice.
- Keep the lower slice on the tray and place the fruit mixed with the whipped cream and place the top slice on it.
- Sprinkle more juice on top.
- Cover the whole cake with the whipped cream with the help of a spatula.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take out and apply the second coating of whipped cream.
- With a piping bag make flower decoration and arrange cherries on top.
- Chill for another hour and serve.
For making the pineapple juice:
Assembling the baked cake:
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you