Rava is a staple ingredient at every Indian home. It is easy to cook with and makes for light breakfast recipies that can be whipped up in a jiffy. Gowthami Yaswanth shares her take on a classic Rava dish we all love through #JerseyGheeStories.
- 1 cup Sooji Rava
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 -5 tbsp Godrej Jersey Ghee
- 15 Cashew Nuts
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 pinch Orange Food Colour
- 1cup Hot Water
- Add 2 tbsp Godrej Jersey Ghee in a pan and roast a few cashews. Once it turns golden, add the raisins and roast until they are ballooned. Then, transfer this to a plate and add 1 more tbsp of ghee to the pan. Now add the sooji and roast it nicely until it turns golden and you get a nice aroma.
- Add 1 cup of hot water into the rava and keep stirring to prevent lumps. Once you get a lump-free mixture, cook until all the water is absorbed by the rava.
- Add the orange food colouring (optional) and mix it evenly. Once all the water has been absorbed by the rava, gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Next, add another 2 tbsp Godrej Jersey Ghee, cardamom powder, roasted nuts and mix well. Adding Godrej Jersey Ghee at the end of the recipe enhances the taste and the flavour of the recipe. It also prevents the Kesari from sticking to your hands.
#JerseyGheeStories by Gowthami Yaswanth.