An easy Chana Jalebi #JerseyInstaRecipe by Krishna Bhattacharya, that will compel you to make some more.
For Chanar Jilipi
- Full cream milk - 1 and 1/2 litre
- Water - 3 cups
- Lemon Juice- 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 cups
- All-purpose flour (Maida) - 1 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
For The Main Dish
- Ghee - 2 cups
- - Put a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and add milk in it and bring it to a boil.
- - While the milk is boiling, add lemon juice in it.
- Once the milk curdles up, drain the content through a clean muslin cloth.
- Tie the cloth and hang it for 2 hours so that the water completely drains away.
- Transfer the cottage cheese to your desired kneading space.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt to the cottage cheese mixture.
- Now knead it well until the mixture turns into a smooth dough.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Take out small portions of dough, roll out long ropes out of the balls and swirl them up in the form of jalebis.
- Now put a pan on medium flame, add ghee and heat.
- Once the ghee is sufficiently hot, deep fry, these prepared jalebis in batches.
- In the meantime, make the sugar syrup. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add the sugar and water, boil it until you get the desired consistency. Remember, it should neither be very thick nor very thin, a medium consistency is required.
- Once done, switch off the flame, soak the fried Chhanar jalebis in sugar syrup for about two to three hours. Enjoy them hot!
#JerseyInstaRecipe courtesy - Krishna Bhattacharya
Savour this delicious pitha #JerseyInstaRecipe by Ms. Tumpa Roy
An Indian Dish with a Pumpkin squash which is not only sweet but healthy too!
Ekta Sharma's #JerseyGheeStories carry a touch of sweetness.
A coconut sweet that melts in your mouth!
Soft and spongy rasgullas make for a delicious dessert! This easy to make delicacy will surely melt in your mouth.
Are You A Secret Chef?
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you