Suryadev Bhatt shares some #JerseyGheeStories that take us back to our traditions. Milk, wheat, and coconut screams healthy-tasty combo, bet you're excited!
- 1/2 + 2tbsp cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Jersey Ghee
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Cardamom ya Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Dry Fruits Powder (Almonds, Pistachios, and Cashew Nuts)
- Add a tablespoon of Jersey Ghee to a pan. Pour some wheat flour and saute until there is a change in the colour. Now add the grated coconut and combine well with the fried wheat flour. Once done, add the dry fruits powder and cardamom, and mix well. Now pour the milk and sugar and continue stirring until the sugar melts. Ensure the mixture doesn't stick to the pan, turn off the gas.
- Grease a plate with Jersey Ghee, pour the mixture and spread evenly. Garnish it with chopped almonds and pistachios. Now freeze for approximately 1/2 hours for it to set.
- Once the barfi is set, cut it evenly into squares and serve.
- Tips - you can also measure it in a cup just like a cupcake. More Coconut can be added for better taste.
#JerseyGheeStories by Suryadev Bhatt.
By Sunita Vaznaik, #HomeBakerMatters Recipe Challenge
Turn leftover bread into an easy dessert with just a few simple ingredients without much effort.
Rich in calcium and protein, Palak Paneer recipe is full of taste and nutrition making it a wholesome meal!
Soft and spongy rasgullas make for a delicious dessert! This easy to make delicacy will surely melt in your mouth.
Are You A Secret Chef?
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you