The measure of ingredients will serve 4 people ideally
For Atta or wheat dough:
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Salt to taste, 1tsp oil or ghee.
For Paneer stuffing:
- 200 gms JERSEY Paneer grated.
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped.
- ½ tsp red chilly powder.
- One small sized onion finely chopped (optional).
- ½ tsp garam masala powder.
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Amchur powder( dry mango powder) to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- JERSEY Ghee or oil for cooking paratha.
To knead Atta:
- In a mixing bowl, take whole wheat flour, salt and the oil. Mix them very well and start adding water slowly.
- Sprinkle water slowly and knead the dough for around 5-7 minutes. The dough should be same like we have for chapatti/ roti.
- Cover with a moist cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.
To make stuffing:
- Mix all the ingredients for stuffing together.
- Making Paneer Paratha:
- Make eight equal balls out of the dough.
- Roll the dough balls into thin chapatti ( of about 4-5 inches diameter).
- Spread the stuffing onto one of the rolled dough, leaving the edge.
- Cover this filled dough with another rolled plain dough, press the edges such that they don’t open.
- Now, roll them gently( as they are stuffed) like any other roti, dusting them with some flour to avoid stickiness.
- Heat the tava really hot. Place the rolled paratha onto it.
- Flip to the other side when it is semi-cooked. Apply ghee or oil on this side.
- Flip again and apply ghee to the other side
- While turning this over, you can see golden spots on paratha showing that it is cooked really well.
- Take them off the fire. Although, your paratha is fully soaked in ghee, still, to have mouth-watering taste, place a bulb of butter in the centre and let it melt.
- Serve them really hot with plain curd, pickle or raita. You will also love them with green chutney.
Gowthami Yaswanth adds her flavour to #JerseyGheeStories with a special Rava kesari.
Rava or Sooji, call it what you want, is a delicious and healthy ingredient to start your day with.
A healthy Multigrain #JerseyInstaRecipe by Jayshree Mehta
A wholesome, healthy & delicious dessert made up of multigrain, fruits, and veggies.
Matar Paneer is a healthy dish, high in protein and calcium. It is easy on the digestive system as well.
Are You A Secret Chef?
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you