3 Quick Drinks with Milk to Make Your Summer Cooler
Summer can bring about a flood of emotions, it’s always a mix of good and bad! We get excited to enjoy the warm weather and juicy fruits but we also have to deal with excessive heat, sweat, and power cuts. And then there are the constant reminders from our mums to drink plenty of liquids. With so many drink choices, it`s essential to pick one that`s right for us. Milk is one of the best options, especially because it helps cool us down and has many other health benefits. So why wait! We`ve put together three easy recipes that you can follow to jazz up plain milk.
1. Old School Chocolate
Chocolate is a universally adored flavour. No, we are not taking second opinions on this statement! On top of its delicious taste, it promotes heart health, improves blood circulation, and removes harmful antioxidants. To help you enjoy its goodness, we`ve put together an easy-to-make chocolate milk recipe for you.
- Ice Cubes
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Shavings
- Take some milk, about 350ml per person.
- First, whisk the milk using a blender.
- Slowly start adding cocoa powder as you continue whisking milk.
- Once milk and cocoa powder mixes well, you can add sugar.
- Pulse a few times to mix the sugar well.
- Pour chocolate syrup on the inner sides of a serving glass.
- Add 2-3 ice cubes to this glass.
- Now pour the chocolate drink into this glass.
- To garnish add some chocolate shavings on top.
- Serve it chilled to receive loads of compliments.
2. Booster Banana
A household staple fruit that always stays within our budget! Whether you`re potassium-conscious or enjoy them for their digestion-aiding properties, bananas are truly a "miracle fruit" because of their versatility. Combining the nutrient-dense properties of bananas with the calcium & vitamins found in milk can give your body just what it needs. We`ll show you a quick and easy recipe for a delicious banana drink.
- Ice cubes
- 2 Bananas
- Chopped Almonds
- Take a blender jar.
- Chop 2 bananas into small pieces and add to the jar.
- Add some ice cubes and sugar into the blender as needed.
- Now, pulse this mix for a minute to make a smooth paste.
- Take about ¾ glass of milk. Pour into the blender.
- Blend for a minute or two until everything mixes together.
- In a clear serving glass, pour the banana milk smoothie.
- Garnish with some chopped almonds & serve it cold.
3. Kesari Saffron
Saffron, the world`s most expensive spice, has been used for centuries in Indian culture as a flavouring and colouring agent. Its distinct aroma and flavour add a unique touch to a variety of dishes. Beyond its culinary uses, saffron has numerous health benefits, such as promoting healthy digestion, improving mood, and aiding in treating respiratory ailments. Here’s a cooling saffron milk recipe that you can enjoy at home almost everyday.
- Saffron Strands
- Cardamom Powder
- Bring 1 glass of milk to a boil.
- Now add some sugar, 3-4 saffron strands to the boiled milk.
- You can also add a pinch of cardamom powder for good taste.
- Let the milk simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once done, allow the milk to cool down.
- Transfer the saffron milk into a blender jar with some ice cubes.
- Pulse for 1-2 minutes until the milk gets frothy.
- Pour directly into a glass to serve.