The measure of ingredients will serve 4 people ideally
For The nuts paste:
- 7-8 cashews.
- 4-5 almonds (both soaked in warm water for 15 mi-20 minutes).
For the onion pate:
- One medium sized onion chopped (roughly).
- 1-2 green chillies, • One-inch ginger
- 3-4 garlic.
- ¼ inch cinnamon stick
- 2-4 cloves.
- 2-4 green cardamom
Other ingredients for shahi Paneer:
- 250 gms JERSEY Paneer (cut into your desired shape like triangles or cubes).
- 3 tbsp oil.
- 2 tsp red chilly powder.
- 1 ½ tsp coriander powder.
- 2 tomatoes chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves ( kasuri methi).
- Few strands(4-5) of saffron.
- 4-5 tbsp JERSEY cream.
- ½ tsp garam masala.
- 1/3 tsp freshly powdered/crushed green cardamom.
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
To make Nut paste:
- Grind soaked almonds and cashew into a fine paste and keep it aside.
To make Onion paste:
- Add all the ingredients of onion paste along with some water on high flame and bring it to boil.
- Let it be cooked on low flame for about 10 minutes so that the ingredients turn soft. Put off the flame.
- Make a fine paste of it in the mixer/grinder once it is cooled down.
- Grind the tomatoes to puree in the same blender and keep aside.
To make Shahi Paneer:
- On a medium flame, heat the oil in a pan. Add onion paste to it.
- Keep stirring in between for about 5 minutes so that all the moisture has been evaporated.
- Add tomato puree into it and again keep stirring in between so that oil leaves from the side of the paste.
- Add dry spices like chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt. Mix them very well and let them be cooked for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add cashew-almond paste to it on a low the flame so that the paste doesn’t stick to the pan. Add some water, and cook it for another 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the garam masala powder along with crushed kasuri methi and give it a good mix.
- Add saffron strands and again give it a good mix.
- Now, add the cut Paneer cubes, mix it very well and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes until the time paneer is cooked.
- Here, if you wish to have your gravy more creamy, add the cream (whipped to smooth) and bring it to boil.
- Mix the cardamom powder nicely, put the flame off.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve them sizzling hot with Indian chapatti, Hot jeera rice or your favourite naan.
|Calories||450 - 470 gm|
Gowthami Yaswanth adds her flavour to #JerseyGheeStories with a special Rava kesari.
Rava or Sooji, call it what you want, is a delicious and healthy ingredient to start your day with.
A royal dish rich in creamy gravy and high on protein and iron!
High minerals and vitamins content along with the goodness of dry fruits make gajar halwa a mouth-watering and a healthy dessert!
Are You A Secret Chef?
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you