The measure of ingredients will serve 4 people ideally
For The nuts paste:
- 7-8 cashews.
- 4-5 almonds (both soaked in warm water for 15 mi-20 minutes).
For the onion pate:
- One medium sized onion chopped (roughly).
- 1-2 green chillies, • One-inch ginger
- 3-4 garlic.
- ¼ inch cinnamon stick
- 2-4 cloves.
- 2-4 green cardamom
Other ingredients for shahi Paneer:
- 250 gms JERSEY Paneer (cut into your desired shape like triangles or cubes).
- 3 tbsp oil.
- 2 tsp red chilly powder.
- 1 ½ tsp coriander powder.
- 2 tomatoes chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves ( kasuri methi).
- Few strands(4-5) of saffron.
- 4-5 tbsp JERSEY cream.
- ½ tsp garam masala.
- 1/3 tsp freshly powdered/crushed green cardamom.
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
To make Nut paste:
- Grind soaked almonds and cashew into a fine paste and keep it aside.
To make Onion paste:
- Add all the ingredients of onion paste along with some water on high flame and bring it to boil.
- Let it be cooked on low flame for about 10 minutes so that the ingredients turn soft. Put off the flame.
- Make a fine paste of it in the mixer/grinder once it is cooled down.
- Grind the tomatoes to puree in the same blender and keep aside.
To make Shahi Paneer:
- On a medium flame, heat the oil in a pan. Add onion paste to it.
- Keep stirring in between for about 5 minutes so that all the moisture has been evaporated.
- Add tomato puree into it and again keep stirring in between so that oil leaves from the side of the paste.
- Add dry spices like chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt. Mix them very well and let them be cooked for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add cashew-almond paste to it on a low the flame so that the paste doesn’t stick to the pan. Add some water, and cook it for another 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the garam masala powder along with crushed kasuri methi and give it a good mix.
- Add saffron strands and again give it a good mix.
- Now, add the cut Paneer cubes, mix it very well and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes until the time paneer is cooked.
- Here, if you wish to have your gravy more creamy, add the cream (whipped to smooth) and bring it to boil.
- Mix the cardamom powder nicely, put the flame off.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve them sizzling hot with Indian chapatti, Hot jeera rice or your favourite naan.
|Calories||450 - 470 gm|
A lip-smacking, delicious and healthy breakfast for all age groups!
Ekta Sharma's #JerseyGheeStories carry a touch of sweetness.
A coconut sweet that melts in your mouth!
By Celebrity Chef, Amrita Raichand
Try out this super quick and easy healthy recipe to give your kids the added nutrition for their snack time.
Are You A Secret Chef?
Jersey Parlour Locator
Find a Jersey store near you